Frequently Asked Questions
If you don’t find the answer to your question here, please call or email for more information. We’re here to help.
A neuropsychological evaluation is an assessment process to measure your cognitive abilities such as memory, learning, attention, language, executive functions, and visuospatial abilities. A neuropsychologist uses the information gathered during an assessment to better understand how your brain is functioning. This can help clarify a patient’s cognitive strengths and weaknesses, diagnose brain based conditions, and help guide treatment planning.
An evaluation with Neuro14 consists of three steps:
1. Intake Interview: The intake or clinical interview is an opportunity for Dr. LaDigue to learn about your history and your current concerns. This appointment can be done virtually through a HIPAA-compliant online platform or can be completed in the office.
2. Testing: During the testing appointment, you will be seen in-person in Dr. LaDigue’s office. You will be asked to solve problems, answer questions, and complete paper-and-pencil tasks and questionnaires. This appointment can last anywhere from 1.5 – 4 hours, depending on your specific needs.
3. Feedback: After the testing appointment, Dr. LaDigue will write up a report that details how you did on testing, any diagnoses that may be relevant, and recommendations for the future. She will review your results and recommendations with you during the feedback appointment, which can be done virtually or in the office.
Your intake and feedback appointments will last approximately 45-90 minutes each. The in-person testing appointment can take anywhere from 90 minutes to four hours. Dr. LaDigue aims to get results back to you within 1-2 weeks of your testing appointment, though this will also depend on your availability and scheduling.
Neuro14 accepts Medicare Part B and Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (BCBS). We are unable to serve patients who have Medicaid (Health First Colorado) as their primary insurance.
For out-of-network patients, we accept HSA/FSA, checks, and credit/debit cards. If you have out-of-network benefits, Neuro14 can provide you with a superbill to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement. It is your responsibility to understand your benefits and whether any services will be reimbursed.
Please provide at least 48 hours notice if you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment. Cancellations less than 48 hours and no-shows will result in a fee of $250 except under rare circumstances. If you late-cancel or no-show to your appointment twice in a row, you will be charged the $250 late fee in addition to your balance in full for any services rendered up to that point. You will not be charged for late cancellations related to COVID-19 if you reschedule your appointment within 30 days.
To reduce the risk of infection, we are offering telehealth intake and feedback sessions. However, an in-office visit will usually be required to complete your evaluation.
The following safety measures have been implemented in response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Providers will wear a face mask over their mouth and nose during office visits upon request.
- Hand sanitizer is provided at the office and used frequently by providers.
- Common areas and materials are disinfected before and after each use, including pens, test items, chairs, and tables/surfaces.
- There will be no physical contact with others in the office.
- You will not be penalized for cancelling your appointment for safety reasons related to illness or COVID-19. Dr. LaDigue will work with you to reschedule your appointment.